View Single Post
Old May 27 2012, 05:53 AM   #117
JD
Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

^Exactly, I'm not defending what he did. I don't think it was the right choice, a good thing, and it is not what I would have done with the character if I were writing a novel about him. However, I do think that the way it was presented in the book and the reasons for it were perfectly in character, and made perfect sense given Sisko's past behavior and the situation he was in.
Sjaddix wrote: View Post
SO JD, you seem to be a Spider-man fan. Can I get your opinion on Spider-man and his deal with the devil?
I haven't read the story arc in question myself, but I do think it was a bad choice on the creator's part, much like I do with the current Sisko arc. In story though, and given both the situation and the previous behavior and characterization of Peter Parker/Spider-Man I think it makes sense that the character did what he did, much like with Sisko. Just because it's not the way we would have done things, doesn't mean a story is bad. We can disagree with the way a story played out, but still be able to enjoy it as a well written, interesting story.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote