View Single Post
Old May 27 2012, 12:39 AM   #105
JD
Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I have a question, for those you of throwing such a fit over Sisko's actions in RBoE. Would you rather he stayed with Kasidy and Rebecca and then been responsible for their deaths? Because if the Prophets are to be believed, and we've never been given a reason not to believe them, then those are the two options here. Personally, I'm glad they didn't kill them off, I like Kasidy. And that's the thing the RBoE haters are ignoring here, that Sisko is 100% absolutely certain that if he stays with them they will die, and it is very consistent with Sisko's characterization for him to go out of his way to keep his family safe. I also think it's worth pointing out that Sisko had already gone through a ton of crap during the time gap, so by the time Sisko leaves his family he is already not in a good state of mind. I'm gonna say it again, he was doing what he thought he needed to to protect his family, and we know for a fact that Sisko cares about his family and will do whatever is necessary to protect them, and he was not in a good state of mind when he left.