View Single Post
Old May 26 2012, 11:35 PM   #98
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Am I the only one who loves SGU?

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I really disliked SGU. It just didn't feel like a SG series. I only watched about 4 episodes, and everytime I just didn't like it, except for one episode. The soldiers were going against the civilians, trying to take over the ship. The episode wanted you to like the civilians. Personally, I sided with the soldiers, and hoped the civilians got defeated. I'm not even sure why they were against each other (I hadn't seen the episode preceding it) but I just felt that the soldiers were right, and the civilians were wrong. But, besides that episode, every other time I tried to watch thew series, I just got bored.
That went the other way around, the civilians wanted to take control from the military. For the stupidest of reasons too. The civilians felt they should have been in charge since in civilized countries the military anwers to civilians. Conveniently ignoring that they were hired by the military and signed a contract saying they accepted military authority.