View Single Post
Old May 24 2012, 05:47 PM   #170
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

I listen to a lot of broadcasts from around the league and John Sterling is the last of the showmen. I know he annoys a lot of people, I can only take him in short dosages. However, he is really fun to listen to when he is on his game. I will take him anytime over the travesty that is the television booth for the Yankees. With their ever changing lineup, I don't know who is worse, Ken Singleton or Michael Kay. Then the parade of ex-yankees who swing by the booth to be the color guy. While they are all better then Keith Hernandez, its still not great to listen to.

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I don't think John Sterling has ever been more annoying as he has been tonight. (I am blacked out from watching the game live, because the Royals are involved and I live in their territory. So it's radio-only tonight.) Some snippets of Sterlingisms from tonight's game:

- "Something short of Grand-ish"

- TWO instances of "An A-bomb from A-Rod"

- Probably the first baseball announcer I've ever heard who used the expression "béte noire", although not two minutes later he followed it up with "Bless their pea-pickin' little hearts"

- "The bases are bulging with Bombers".

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote