View Single Post
Old May 24 2012, 02:11 PM   #1056
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Defiance tie in with MMO videogame

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Someday (probably when we have holosuites), there will be a story/game hybrid where characters can choose to observe the main story, or wander off and interact with other parts of the environment,
I really enjoyed the SyFy video you linked Temis. Thanks. It was obviously created for the advertising upfronts this past few weeks in NYC. 6 minutes!

Ars Technica had an article that mentions:
But the integration can go deeper as well.
Not just in plot events but in the actual locations and sandbox universe world of the near future United States.

I think the game and TV series would be better if both were set in the same location such as St. Louis. This would allow the game designers to design a sandbox St. Louis and along with the TV series art director & production designer all be on the same design book and share many physical locations. I'm not talking about the same events but the same locations built in CGI and then rebuilt as physical sets or that CGI model repurposed and used as a virtual set. I can see this working for a 3-D TV series in the future.
I came up with the idea of being able to explore the same locations 3 years ago:
jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
How about the idea of a CGI Trek series and then a PS3/XBOX360 game released in 1080p that used the same locations (and the same CG models) similar to this idea?
As fans we could explore these locations ourselves in realtime being able to walk all around the 'sets' in full high definition quality.
When will Michael Okuda & John Ives & Alan S. Kaye [set designer on STVI:TUC, DS9, Insurrection, Nemesis] start making their CG models available as a PS3 official Star Trek volume 1 'game' that is more of a interactive encyclopedia to explore the Star Trek Universe much more than a MMORPG like Star Trek Online.
I want official Trek TV and feature film designers creating the alien world and alien ship designs that are the CG models used in a game as well as a CG canon series.
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote