View Single Post
Old May 24 2012, 11:21 AM   #726
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Well, it seems that the return of Thanos in Avengers Assemble will also signal the return of The Guardians of the Galaxy.

Peter Quill is back from his seeming death in Thanos Imperitive. Do we know if the Nova who showed up in AvX was Richard Rider or not? Rocket Raccoon is shown, but no Groot?.
Bendis addressed Groot:

Bendis: Hey listen, I can't stop you from inferring. [Laughs.] It's going to be a lot of Groot. Lots of Groot. Dark Groot. Mighty Groot.

Nrama: But he's not on the cover to Avengers Assemble #6.

Bendis: He's in Drax's belt buckle, in the back, kind of sticking out of his butt a little bit, like MacGruber.
Which brings me to something I just realized, we've been focusing on Peter Quill being back, but I don't see any mention of Drax being back. In The Thanos Imperative Thanos killed Drax using some kind of bomb, with the implication that, even in the Cancerverse, Drax wasn't coming back. To me, it's more interesting that Drax is back than Peter.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote