View Single Post
Old May 24 2012, 07:05 AM   #217
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

The only new AvX related book this week was Secret Avengers 28, continuing the first half of the space team's mission and the return of Mar-Vell. It almost seems redundant to read this book right now. Thanks to the story currently running in Avengers, we already know essentially how this story will end. And if people were hoping for a permanent return for Mar-Vell, the ad for the Carol Danvers-centric Captain Marvel book starting in July should dash those hopes quite nicely.

That said, it is nice to see Mar-Vell back for one last go-round before Carol takes up the mantle. And by all indicators so far, this is the real Mar-Vell, resurrected by the Phoenix. I'm not clear on what the Kree's plan for the Phoenix involves. Either the Kree Supreme Intelligence think that the Phoenix will revive the Kree's stagnant DNA (Not to dis-similar to what Cyclops is hoping for), or he is pulling a Branch Davidian on his followers.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; May 24 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote