View Single Post
Old May 23 2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Our Sacred Honor--A Tale Of Captain Ezri Dax

Ambitious, indeed, Rush. I'm very interested in the direction it seems to be taking, given that most of your stories, while certainly not shying away from links with the wider Trek universe, have been character studies; now you've expanded the scope to include high-level interstellar politics, and I'm really interested in how it will play out. How you've broadened your signature approach, as it were, and how your usual excellent dialogue and character focus will map onto exploration of the politics. It's a tall order to attempt something this big, but I think you've earned it, after the very successful string of Dax stories preceding this. I'm certainly invested enough in your take on the character (and supporting characters, Bashir, Tarses, etc) to be hooked. I look forward to seeing where this goes!

Given that I've both read all the relevant novels and remember some of your own thoughts on them, it should also be interesting to see your take on Typhon Pact/Khitomer Accord relations....

Eagerly awaiting the rest.