View Single Post
Old May 23 2012, 01:55 PM   #31
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: TDKR...what if Batman dies???

The Lensman wrote: View Post
I have no problem with it. I saw a comment recently along the lines of "Marvel has a built a cinematic comic book, whereas Nolan is doing a graphic novel."

Basically, Nolan is telling a complete story and it could change the way comic book properties are done in the future. A director could come in and really do what they want because a reboot would just be a film or two away. And by "reboot" I don't mean they need to redo the origin in every first film. But we could get ballsier stories and the sense of "anything can happen" if we're not trying to create a never ending franchise set in the same universe.
That's exactly how I look it and I'm rather surprised how strongly opposed people against said notion. In the end, it doesn't really matter because in 5-10 years, WB will bring Batman back with a whole new take.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote