View Single Post
Old May 20 2012, 04:42 PM   #4370
Captain Mike
Commodore

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Shazam! wrote: View Post
they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so itís not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone.
: (
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
^ Why the frown? The tone of the film has been known and speculated about pretty much since Nolan was appointed Executive Producer. They're going for a well rounded character this time around.

Snyder has gone for a much more scaled back (of his own style) and more traditional approach with the filming of "Man of Steel" from stuff I've heard and read. If people are expecting this to be like "Watchmen" style then they might be in for a surprise. Not saying that he is completely ignoring his style, just that it has been scaled back.
I agree with him. Superman's characterization was never about being edgy or dark. It was all about what they want to stay away from: truth, justice and the American way and also the way he was raised by human feeling parents and has morals and ethics to that effect.I think making him "more like Batman" is only a effort to capitalize on the Batman movies success, which in turn changes the entire character entirely.
It is just sad that some of the posts I have followed reflect today's environment of that.