View Single Post
Old May 19 2012, 02:39 PM   #11
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

Re: Battleship: Spoilers, Discuss, Yadda, Yadda, Yadda

Star Wolf wrote: View Post
Admiral2 wrote: View Post

"But A2," you say, "you sang the praises of Battle:LA and it had just as many cliches!" True, but as already mentioned it had more accurate battle scenes, which were also more intense...and the aliens were a hundred times more interesting. The bad guys here were like the Hirogen...without the personality.

My Voyager memory is kind of hazy. Are you referencing the aliens code of conduct which allowed John Paul Jones to survive when the rest of the squadron was lost? It reminded me of the predator movies and their hunter ethics. Until the cops showed up to say the roads to the mountain was cut I could not understand with all the red and green codes why the highway was blown up but then they were acting like no collateral damage whould be allowed or surrendering prisoners should be harmed.
The Hirogen were Predator-wannabes that at least talked. The Battleship aliens were Iron Man-wannabes that didn't talk and didn't like bright light like Gremlins. Don't think too hard about it.

And there's nothing ethical about the Predators' actions. They don't attack unarmed and/or non-aggressive prey. That doesn't mean they give a damn about collateral damage. They just find such targets boring.

-Tom Clancy
Adm. Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote