View Single Post
Old May 19 2012, 05:12 AM   #451
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Oh, none taken. They're cheesy as hell when you look back on them from the distance of thirty years. It's hard to believe they were once considered high-quality action figures because almost none of them looked like the movie characters unless it was an exotic alien, and even then it was a 50/50 shot at best it would look just like the film makeup or puppet. But I grew up collecting, playing with and adoring those old things and the original packaging and figures have always held a very special place in my heart. I recently picked up a carded, C-8 grade General Madine from 1984 at my friend's toy shop and couldn't put it down. I didn't buy it because he was a little out of my range for that day, but that classic, old school Kenner packaging, cardback and sculpting always transport me back to being a little kid with a huge mess of bushy blonde hair recreating battles from the movies I loved. The old school stuff is wonky as hell, but man were they the bomb for their era.

Speaking of which, check out this video...this guy must be pretty loaded to be able to afford the entire original set of these on high-quality cardbacks! He even bought the VINYL-CAPE JAWA! What a lucky bastard! He must be the envy of a lot of YouTube viewers!

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151

Last edited by cooleddie74; May 19 2012 at 05:25 AM.
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote