View Single Post
Old May 19 2012, 05:03 AM   #449
Fleet Admiral
Location: With cooleddie74 in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I've paid more than that for Hot Toys stuff, but that's a whole different thing than paying that much for a 4" figure. I would never ever ever do that. I have a rule. Anything that was mass market, no matter how difficult to find, I will never pay more than $30 for.
Don't blame you. Now, if it were, say an original 12-Back 1978 Death Squad Commander, Jawa or Han Solo? Yes. An original, still-carded action figure from the late seventies that's in pretty good condition is worth eighty bucks because more often than not you're gonna have a pay a LOT more than that for one of those gems. I've seen 12-Backs in good or even excellent shape go from several hundred all the way up to several thousand dollars. A 12-Back Jawa with a vinyl cape almost always runs at least $2,000-$2,500 and that's on a good and cheap day! At auctions they've gone for much more than that!
On Halloween Night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of his chroniton patch and flies through space with his bag of new timelines for all the children.

Ghouleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote