View Single Post
Old May 18 2012, 04:38 PM   #30
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: Janeway in the cases of Quinn and Tuvix

MacLeod wrote: View Post
But one possible argument is that Annika had her individuality stolen from her. When she was removed from the collective she had what was stolen from her returned.

In the case of Quinn he was impriosned in part for wanting to end his own life. So he was denied choice.

In the case of Tuvok and Neelix, they knew the risks when stepping into the transporter that there was a possibility no matter how remote that the transporter could malfunction which it did. If you willingly take a risk and it doesn't pay off why should someone else have to pay for your gamble?
If we were talking about the NX-01 Transporter, I could give this argument of the gamble credence, but, not by the time of Voyager, getting on the ship in the first place, or taking a shuttle down to the planet is far more of a gamble then using the transporter in Voyager's time. That's like blaming someone for getting hit by a drunk driver on New Year's Eve if they gamble to drive that night

Annika and her parents took a bigger gamble being on a ship the Borg could assimlate, than the gamble Neelix and Tuvok took to use the transporter.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote