View Single Post
Old May 18 2012, 03:53 PM   #208
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Re: Lucy Liu cast as Watson in CBS' Sherlock Holmes show

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
If Moffat has an infringement case, he should call his lawyers. If not, his comments are pointless, and he should stfu. He's just trying to get some free PR by inventing a controversy. The stuff about the coat and scarf is just desperate and sad.

Most likely, this pilot will never go to series. CBS has a lot of pilots and few available slots. (Given their ongoing success, this is the case every year.) Pilots have a much easier time on ABC and especially NBC.
So clearly they are trying to ride Sherlock's coat tails.
Sherlock has no coattails to ride. Do you honestly think CBS viewers have even heard of it? Trust me, Americans know only two types of TV: American TV and Downton Abbey.
But Downton Abbey comes on PBS with some little show called Sherlock.

I like AQ, LL and JLM as actors. So the show does have that going for it, but it looks sort of bland and paint by the numbers.

Sherlock had two things going for it in my book - 1. Benedict Cumberbatch and 2. I watch PBS on Sunday nights almost religiously.

Seriously though they need to stop putting stuff on Sunday night - Masterpiece Classic, Masterpiece Mystery, Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. Plus Revenge is moving to Sunday nights next year.