View Single Post
Old May 18 2012, 03:33 PM   #27
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Janeway in the cases of Quinn and Tuvix

MatthiasRussell wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
He has all the rights (The right not to be imprisoned nor abused, the right to a meaningful life while he waits for Tuvok and Neelix to be saved or given up on, etc), except the right to deny Tuvok and Neelix from being saved if possible. Once that possibility is given up, then he also inherits the right to keep the body.

So what about Lyndsay Ballard in "Ashes to Ashes"? She was just as dead as Neelix and Tuvok. However, Janeway let the new lifeform in her body run off with Lyndsay's biologically alive body and memories. How did the new lifeform there have more rights as an individual than Tuvix? Or was it because the ship was threatened, the individual was sacrificed for the good of the group?
I don't know who Lyndsay Ballard is, nor do I recall an episode Ashes to Ashes. Might this be an episode later than mid-season 3 (I've missed alot beyond mid-season 3 and currently watching all the way through)?

It sounds to me like you wouldn't be in favor of Deborgifying Seven. Annika was, afterall, "killed" by the Borg, and another person, part of the Collective, took her place. That other person was killed when Seven was De-Borgified. How long ago was Annika assimilated, years, I believe, far longer than Tuvix existed

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote