View Single Post
Old May 18 2012, 09:22 AM   #11
Kenny
Lieutenant

Re: Matt Jefferies and NCC-1017

I know this isn't a Star Wars thread, but in the immortal words of Gold Five:

"Stay on topic. Stay on topic."

I know that the Constellation's registry "discrepancy" (my opinon) can be justified by any number of fan-based explanations. And that's fine.

But that's not what I'm asking.

You see -- sometimes I think we fans are lazy. We'd rather sit behind our computer instead of doing research by going to the library or corresponding with folks who were involved with the original show, many of whom are still living.

It's one of the reasons I like the Trekplace website so much. I don't know who created this site, but it's a great idea to post old documents and old interviews in one place on the web. But it means that the author of this site had to do the primary research legwork.

So I find myself wishing that someone would create a website where old fan publications from the 1960's and 70's can be scanned and archived. Think of the interviews - much closer to the timeframe of the production of TOS - and the facts therein that are being lost because they're on mimeographed pages molding away in someone's basement. (Those old fanzines are also full of drivel, but....)

Now I'm getting off topic too.

Let's try not to chase rabbits about the class of the Constellation or what a "star ship" means. Those issues have been discussed on other threads.

So let me repeat my question: does anyone have an interview or a production memo or some other primary source that would shed some light onto the NCC-1017 registry number of the Constellation?
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote