View Single Post
Old May 18 2012, 03:50 AM   #19
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Did Voyager have bad continuity?

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post

That's true. Although I was referring to the physical changes having an emotional effect on them, so my apologies for not clarifying that. Going through a sort of experience like that, despite any sort of mental preparation would likely have emotional repercussions. You may not agree with me, but I just cannot believe that there would be no emotional trauma after being assimilated.
No, I do agree but even going by DS9's "Hard Time", emotional and physical trauma in Trek only last until the end of each episode.......but then again, we shouldn't expect such realism from fantasy sci-fi which Trek is.
It's one of the few things they are consistent with.
That's one continuity that they got right. It's almost like characters were given a (mostly) clean slate at the start of each episode.
I usually refer to the Prophets lesson to Sisko about getting over shit: "Why do you exist here?" I think basically it's TPTB's way of saying, characters are not going to linger on stuff when we can spend more effort pushing the story forward. Uhura and Troi have both been raped and they acted like NOTHING ever happened then either.