View Single Post
Old May 17 2012, 11:00 PM   #16
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Janeway in the cases of Quinn and Tuvix

MatthiasRussell wrote: View Post
I can't believe so many people can't see that the cases of Quinn and Tuvix are both cases of the rights of the individual vs the will of the majority with her verdict in both cases resulting in the death of the individual.

In the case of Quinn, Janeway decides the rights of the individual is more important than the will and laws of the state.

In the case of Tuvix, she decides the good of whole is more important than the pursuit of life and liberty for the individual. Plus, it seems her decision was more of an emotional one than a rational one. When Kes came to her in tears saying she wanted Neelix back, Janeway couldn't refuse.
Easy to say I know but Justice is supposed to be rational not emotional. I.e. based on the evidence not the emotions that can come with that.

In the case of Tuvix when is he entitiled to the rights afforded Tuvok or Neelix? Or is he not enttitled to those rights?
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote