View Single Post
Old May 17 2012, 06:49 PM   #1003
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

The Selection may be in contention for midseason. New story w/additional details. I wonder what about the pilot is fudged up?
I hear the CW brass are planning to sit down with the producers of the project next week to discuss its redeveloping...instead of staying close to the source material as they did this season, they will likely use the books more of a jumping-off point the second time around.
Anyone know what the books are like? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? (My hunch is that the whole thing revolves around how much prominence is given to the romantic triangle.)

The casting is expected to change, but the CW and The Selection producer Warner Bros. TV are trying to keep the lead, Friday Night Lights’ Aimee Teegarden.
I hope they keep Gregory Peck's grandson, too, he's a serious hottie.

Also, CW's Deadman series - not heard from in a while - is ironically not dead. That one wasn't even officially picked up to pilot:
Small screen take on the DC Comics hero, the spirit of a murdered man who lives on as he inhabits other people's bodies and helps them solve crises in their own lives.
USA has a vaguely sci-fi-ish show in development...about my people, the synethetes!

FALLEN – After an accident, a gruff, macho cop — known for his “act first, ask questions later” approach — develops the rare condition of synesthesia and suddenly finds himself seeing “emotions.” His partner doesn’t quite understand this “touchy-feely” approach to solving crimes, but there’s no doubt that this new insight is helping clear cases.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; May 17 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote