View Single Post
Old May 16 2012, 11:12 PM   #179
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Lucy Liu cast as Watson in CBS' Sherlock Holmes show

It will probably be far more sedate and in the vein of your usual CBS crime procedural with an eccentric-genius lead.
Right on the money. From the trailer, it looks like a slight iteration on the CBS formula - enough to stand out in a crowd, not enough to take the slightest risk of being rejected by the audience.

CBS will do well with both Elementary and Vegas (which should have been named Ralph Lamb, but I guess it doesn't much matter what they call it. I would have gone for Cowboys vs. Gangsters. ) The latter is more of a risk than the former, but both are squarely on-brand for CBS. They never make shows I like, but they sure know what they're doing.

the nitty-gritty of how the work was conceived and made.
Here's how it happened. Les Moonves gave his marching orders: we need shows that are on-brand for us, with a baby step or two in some "new" direction but no more than that, or I'll shoot it down in flames. I'm sure show development at CBS is more like making different flavors of dog food than anything approaching creativity.

I'd be far more interesting in the process at NBC - scattered, desperate, searching for some strategy that might work.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote