View Single Post
Old May 14 2012, 02:56 PM   #938
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
The Chitauri forces appeared to be biological when they removed their masks and such but they all dropped like robotic drones when Iron Man blew up the mothership. I think maybe it's possible the alien drones/soldiers could have been equipped with a "kill switch" that executes them should contact with the mothership be lost as a way to either deter rogue soldiers or to prevent potentially captured soldiers from being a liability.
Hadn't thought of that, but it would explain the little spark at the nape of their neck when it happens.
Yeah. I also got the impression that the Chitauri soldiers are completely expendable, too, so if their command center is destroyed they would all just "deactivate." Ideally, though, they would also self-destruct so as to keep enemies from having anything to analyze. That would've been a tad ironic, those Leviathans going off like nukes in Midtown, achieving the exact opposite of what Tony intended.