View Single Post
Old May 14 2012, 07:21 AM   #935
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

I just got back from finally seeing it.

I went to the latest show on a Sunday hoping for a smaller crowd. There wasn't an empty seat.

Luckily my brother bought the tickets this morning. They were turning people away almost a half hour before the show started.

The film was fucking amazing and easily the best popcorn flick I've ever seen.

The best scene was the long single shot that showed everyone in action. Joss loves those extended uncut shots, so I was expecting it, but it still really immersing non the less. I almost wished I had seen it in 3D just for that.

The dialog was really snapping as was expected. I don't know that there was a single unneeded or out of place line. Usually with these types of films there's always at least one (usually many), but I can't think of one. Of course, that's really something that is better assessed on subsequent viewings.

The intercutting was a masterstroke. He's hinted at his potential before (especially on Angel) to give enough (but not too much) time in each scene before cutting to the next character in the ensemble. I'm sure that, if someone were to take a tally, he'd find that certain actors got more time than others (per contracts) but I didn't notice--save for Ruffalo getting the least. But that's expected.

In any case, it should serve as a blueprint to any would-be imitators. *coughwarnerbrotherscough*

The only thing that would have made it any better is a real Natalie cameo. But I'll live. Maybe.