View Single Post
Old May 11 2012, 10:01 PM   #955
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Ooh, a dark horse (but not Dark Horse) emerges at ABC. And startrekwatcher will not be pleased because it's got global conspiracies up the wazoo.

UPDATE FRIDAY AM: I’ve started hearing that drama pilot ZERO HOUR is heating up again and looks promising for a series order.
Zero Hour hasn't been mentioned much. It's the X-Files-ish one starring Anthony Edwards. "A bizarre twist of fate pulls a man who’s spent 20 years as the editor of a skeptic magazine into one of the most compelling conspiracies in human history."

The villain from the last Mission Impossible movie is also in it (not sure if it's a guest shot or recurring):

[Michael] Nyqvist [is] on board to play White Vincent, one of the villains at the heart of the global conspiracy, a mercenary with eyes somewhere between mystic and shark. He's one of the world's most dangerous assassins who has worked for dozens of governments and secret cabals and possesses a special connection to the Hero (Edwards), that when uncovered delivers a shocking blog of gigantic proportions.
Well, he's not old enough to be Edwards' father...and I think that's "blow" not "blog"?

It would be great to see one more genre show sneak onto the schedule. I was rooting more for Dark Horse, but two demonic series is probably too much for ABC.

Overall, it looks like ABC has a promising lineup that should appeal to their female audience with some male-skewing shows thrown in for good measure. (Zero Hour will probably have cross-gender appeal).

NBC is all over the map, again, and FOX's lineup is uninspired. My prediction is that ABC will dig itself out of the basement in 2012-13, but NBC will continue to flounder and FOX will start to slip off its perch. CBS will continue strong as usual.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote