View Single Post
Old May 11 2012, 08:37 PM   #99
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: My first voyage with Voyager

exodus wrote: View Post
Lipton wrote: View Post
You Will Fail: Mulgrew said in an interview that it was a constant challenge for her to play Janeway. Every day, she told herself she'd crack it, and every day she didn't.

I can't see anyone doing better than her, though. Her character was written with some very unique mannerisms which one couldn't duplicate naturally unless they had those mannerisms themselves. I think just about any actor would have struggled with it.
I agree.
Lots of folks say Avery Brooks and Kate Mulgrew sucked but has anyone ever seen Patrick Stewart in character and do a scene that involved crying? He's terrible. Picard was nearly Vulcan at times he was so introverted emotionally. I found Brooks and Mulgrew IMO brought color to their characters by giving them more vibrant personalities.
Didn't see a problem with Picard being more introverted emotionally as you put it. But then again perhaps that could be down to the fact that being a Brit we usually frown upon showing too much emotion.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote