View Single Post
Old May 11 2012, 06:46 PM   #97
Shatnertage
Rear Admiral

View Shatnertage's Twitter Profile
Re: My first voyage with Voyager

I found Brooks to be excellent when he was really engaged with the material. Much of the time I found his approach too theatrical for TV.

I think Mulgrew was great as Janeway. I've talked about it before and I'll talk about it again, but it was the little things she did that really made you believe she was emotionally in every scene. There were definitely problems with Voyager, but Mulgrew's acting wasn't one of them.

Not to derail Qutluch's thread, but I think they took Sisko in the wrong direction. I liked how they started with him, as a single father doing his best to raise his son and make the quadrant a better place. The stuff with him being quasi-divine, to me, made it difficult for Brooks to make him a character you could relate to.

Janeway, I think, is someone that a lot of us can relate to. She's in way over her head, she knows it, but she's got to keep herself together for the sake of her crew, who are relying on her. I've never been stranded in the Delta Quadrant, but I can relate to her on an emotional level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOTRxt-dIw
Shatnertage is offline   Reply With Quote