View Single Post
Old May 11 2012, 01:21 PM   #591
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

136. Puncture: (✩✩✩½) - On Demand - Based on a true story, a lawyer takes on the case of a nurse who got AIDS after being pricked by a needle. His fight pits him against the system itself, which is trying to prevent the sale of a safer syringe that will prevent such things from happening. Along with the case, our lawyer is battling demons of his own... prostitues and heavy drug use. Chris Evans stars and I got this one after seeing him in The Avengers. The movie also suggests that needle pricks are quite common and that the AIDS epidemic in Africa is due to reused needles and not unprotected sex. I found this to be a decent movie worth watching. It also has an ending that leaves you wondering about something in particular that happens. If you choose to watch, you'll know what I'm talking about.

137. Amelia: (✩✩½) - DVD - The story of Amelia Earhart. Stars Hilary Swank, Richard Gere and Ewan McGreggor. Christopher Eccleston is also in it. When I saw him, I couldn't place him until I saw his name in the credits. The movie tries to be grand with a big motion picture look and feel, but storywise, it lacks whatever makes a movie engaging.

138. Lymelife: (✩✩½) - DVD - A slice of life comedy drama set in the 70s against the backdrop of a lyme disease scare. Stars one of the Culkin brothers, Emma Roberts, Alec Baldwin, Julia Nixon, Timothy Hutton and whatsherface from Crossing Jordan. Lyme disease can cause mental problems and because of that, I think the title is also a play on the craziness that goes on in the lves of the characters. The movie isn't very good, but it gets more interesting about two thirds in.

Theatre: 5
DVD/Blu-Ray: 47
Live TV: 59
Recorded TV: 4
On Demand: 21
Internet: 2

Last edited by Shamrock Bones; May 11 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote