View Single Post
Old May 11 2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Just finished KotOR for the first time...

Yeah, I did notice that the music was original (aside from the opening fan-fair & closing credits of course) and for the most part it was very memorable and really authentic sounding.

I did like Jolee Bindo, but I'm not sure if I got the full story on him. By the end of the game his and a few other of the characters' "quests" were still in the journal. I must have missed a trigger or something because I would try to talk to everyone fairly regularly.

Just to be clear, I *did* like the game, I just really struggled at times to stay invested. Mostly the combat system, but also the hit-and-miss character interactions and a few *really* dull maps. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if you could tilt the camera and take in the scenery a bit better. Some more interesting side missions would have been nice too. All it really had was a pointless and pretty dull swoop racing minigames and the odd fetch quest. I'd take Mass Effect over this any day.

Now if they ever decided to do an HD remake with the SWTOR engine and a DAII inspired combat system, then I'm defiantly there!
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote