View Single Post
Old May 10 2012, 05:35 AM   #397
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
They should do a kid or teenage Luke using childhood photos of Mark Hamill as a basis and guide. We've seen him as a newborn infant and a young adult, but never as a kid or teen. Since the Mythos line is supposed to feature things the characters did off-screen/in the Expanded Universe lore then it'd be really awesome to see what Luke looked like growing up with Owen and Beru.

Heck, we got to see Luke's father as a nine-year-old kid...why not his son? And at least Luke won't be screaming "yippee"!
But how would you make that a dynamic or interesting statue? Luke working on a moisture vaporator? The point is that his life was dull before the films started, and that's why he was so desperate to get away. I'm not knocking the idea, I'm just wondering what you think they should do with it.

Overall though, I think the Mythos line is a fantastic idea. The movies have been out 35 years. We've long ago gotten into repeat and obscurity when it comes to collectibles. These are something new. We've never seen an Obi-Wan like this, or a Darth Maul like this. They're giving us fantastic looking representations of these characters in ways we haven't seen before, and it's exciting.