View Single Post
Old May 9 2012, 10:42 PM   #69
Donny
Captain

Re: Virtual *TOS* Enterprise for STV:Elite Force - WIP

Phaser Control Room. Got this finished today, and I'm rather pleased with the results. This area was only featured in one episode, Balance of Terror, which happens to be one of my top 3 favorite TOS episodes of all time.

I only had a handful of screen grabs and a pre-production stage plan to work with, but I think it turned out nice. I did a lot of work on the lighting with this one, and as a result got multiple shadows from objects, giving it a very TOS feel.

Note the "Phaser Coolant Seal" warning label near the tanks to the right.

The console and panel on the rear wall are completely conjecture, although we know some sort of console was there from Balance of Terror. Tomlinson stood at a console here when giving "Phaser One, Fire" reports.

I also increased the lightmap size, and was able to get shadows of the grating cast onto the control console banks.

The details of this console were hardly visible in the screenshots from Balance of Terror, but I noticed it had the same shape as the console added to the transporter room set in seasons 2 & 3, so I duplicated it here.

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote