View Single Post
Old May 9 2012, 09:41 PM   #747
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

I know that and about X2. But I could swear I read that he was involved in at least the early stages of First Class. I'd have to do some looking.

Edit:

Here we go!

After I poked around a bit, Penn admitted that he was originally signed on to write and direct a "young X-Men film," but that's recently changed. Says Penn, "The original idea was to have me do a young X-Men spin-off, a spin-off of the young X-Men characters. But someone came up with a pretty interesting idea which I can't discuss. I was pretty taken by it, as was the studio. I have to give him credit, it was this guy who worked with me named Mike Chamoy -- he worked a lot with me on X3. He came up with how to do a young X-Men movie which is not what you'd expect. We'll see; I still have to talk to Fox, set the story down ... and then it will take a year -- maybe two years -- to get together. Put it this way, if you agree to do one of the X-Men movies, it could end up happening four or five years down the line. Which is fine with me; it's just not my focus right now."
Looks like he'd been in talks to do FC but it fell through. Well... they certainly traded up. Didn't they?
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote