View Single Post
Old May 8 2012, 10:39 PM   #27
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Would a 6 million dollar man (Bionic Man-type) reboot work now?)

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
Would a 6 million dollar man (Bionic Man-type) reboot work now?)
For a TV series based on the original... no... it's not something i can see working... the TV series had it's time in the 70's and 80's, ideas and media have moved on from then...

there have been a few attempts to resussitate 70's and 80's TV shows into new series with more 'flair' and design... even ignoring the Bionic Woman disaster....

Anyone remember the horrendous 2008 version of Knight Rider? With KITT voiced by Val Kilmer and looking like he'd been designed by Pimp My Ride? Or how about last years completely disastrous remake of the Charlies Angels TV series... So abysmal that even an hours worth of watching hot women in scantily clad clothing couldn't save it...

The time for these 70's and 80's shows is over, let them rest in piece... for the premise, they could just as easily do an Iron Man TV series, basic writing and ideas are the same, and i'm sure it would do better than a remake of the million dollar man idea...

M