View Single Post
Old May 8 2012, 07:35 PM   #4159
Snaploud
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Snaploud wrote: View Post
The only way they could have been more blatant is by changing the S symbol to a big "O."
There was already a black Superman pre-Crisis. The only difference is he is also the president, which we have had several variations.
I'm more referring to the several references to President Dreamie solving all of Obama's current/recent problems (budget crises, Libya, Iran/Qurac) with a State Department representative who looks like a dead ringer for Hillary Clinton. Regardless, we'll just have to agree to disagree regarding how blatant it was...

It didn't get really terrible until the end where all the supposedly powerful people decide to give President Dreamie a chance to talk to Iran...given that he's basically solved all their other problems and has sky-high approval ratings.
Holy cow, you do realize the "end" part was 1) a different story altogether and not continuation of the first and 2) those powerful people were his National Security Team.
You're playing semantics. 1) I was talking about Action Comics #9 as a whole, and both story-lines involved the same character. The "end" referred to the end of the book. 2) I referred to them as supposedly powerful people because their roles were only hinted at (a member of the CIA, a general, and a white house spokesman). Call them whatever you want, but the back and forth over giving the president a "chance" to talk to Qurac/Iran had me rolling my eyes.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote