View Single Post
Old May 8 2012, 05:17 AM   #582
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

130. The Runaways: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - The story of The Runaways that focusses on band members Joan Jett and Cherie Currie. Kristen Stewart plays Jett and Dakota Fanning plays Currie. The leads looked a little young, because they were, but I was amazed by Fanning's performance. She played a very troubled character who was more into being provovative than the music, and who ultimately burned out. Quite the change from the precocious little girl of days gone by.

131. Anonymous: (✩✩✩) - On Demand - A story making William Shakespeare a front man for the real person who wrote the works that he's known for. Directed by Roland Emerich. It's slow and plodding, but it's a fascinating story.

132. The Hangover: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Finally saw this. I was on a plane two years ago and the guy beside me was watching it and laughing. Combine that with the good word of mouth and its financial success, and I figured I was in for something good. In the end, it was average, but I did laugh a few times.

133. The Hangover Part II: (✩✩✩) - On Demand - Saw this sequel right after. This movie followed the same basic plot with the same twists. Funny again, but average. Doesn't look like there will be a third one.

134. Duplicity: (✩✩½) - Live TV - Julia Roberts and Clive Owen as corporate spies. Meh. Paul Giamatti is always good in whatever he does though.

135. Leap Year: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Romantic comedy starring Amy Adams, who travels to Dublin, Ireland to meet up with her travelling/workaholic boyfriend and propose to him. Problem is, she ends up somewhere else due to a storm and has to hire a guy to take her the rest of the way. Hilarity and romance ensue. Movie is average, but man, Amy Adams is a sight alright.

Theatre: 5
DVD/Blu-Ray: 45
Live TV: 59
Recorded TV: 4
On Demand: 20
Internet: 2
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote