View Single Post
Old May 7 2012, 11:30 PM   #350
Leroy
Fleet Captain

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

OdoWanKenobi wrote:
As for Marvel, the 3 3/4 inch lines are a mess. Iron Man 2 stuff still warms pegs for crying out loud. Marvel Universe is now just a wave of reuse and repaint. The new Avengers figures are a drastic step backwards. The return of Marvel Legends (one of the greatest toylines ever) looked like it could be the light at the end of the tunnel, but instead idiotic distribution has killed enthusiasm. Wave 1 and 2 were released within a month of each other. Store got exactly one shipment of wave 1. One. As such, most collectors never found them. Ghostrider especially was impossible to find, creating a lot of armless Terraxes. Not to mention that we've heard squat about wave 3, and the first two waves have been out for months.
Yeah it has been very bad if you are a DC/Marvel fan. I've been trying to collect the DCu figs for years and have a tough time finding anything let alone the figs I want I still have yet to find any of the GL classics line. With marvel it's a different story I manage to find the Marvel Universe line however it's like there is lag between releases and what the actual date is I'm still finding figs from wave 1!

It also doesn't help that the movie lines (which retailers like to buy and buy for some reason) tend to choke out stuff like DCu and MU. This explains the pergwarmer IM2 figs I still find to this day!
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote