View Single Post
Old May 7 2012, 12:07 PM   #92
CmdrAJD
Commodore

View CmdrAJD's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to CmdrAJD
Re: Heads up! MYTHBUSTERS season premiere tonight at 9 Eastern!

I watched the finale, and, as others have said, I can't say that I'll really miss the show. The relative lack of Adam and Jamie was a serious problem, and the show only seemed to perk up when they were on screen. The "host", such as he was, seemed to have almost no personality, and despite the fact that I believe Adam and Jamie said he was there as a resource, we never saw him interact with the teams except when he looked at their first link and then threw the missing link at them.

My biggest issue was with how they handled the final execution of the machines, though. The whole point of the show is to see these things work, and half the time it felt like we weren't seeing segments work or they were shot at a terrible angle. The machines are the payoff. The show crew gets to see these things being built over five days. They know where the elements are. Put in more cameras to catch it all properly and then do some editing to better show us the flow. I'd be fine if they had cut a couple of minutes of the build and instead ran through each machine twice for the viewers: once in real time and one more to really show us the flow of the machine. I doubt it's an issue now, though. I seriously can't imagine that we will see a second season.

http://www.star-traks.com
CmdrAJD is offline   Reply With Quote