View Single Post
Old May 6 2012, 09:45 PM   #338
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

^
Wow!

And I thought your Iron Man lineup was incredible before! That's just badass. Totally badass.

My friend will be getting at least one of both of these by next weekend, so I'll have them by then. These new Movie Heroes Wave 3 figures are light years better than the archaic crap and junk in the first wave...it's not even a fair comparison. This Vader has amazing body sculpting to match the character's appearance during the Cloud City lightsaber duel in EMPIRE, and though the Luke is just a tweak of a slightly older mold from 2009 or 2010 it's the best Snowspeeder/Hoth Pilot Luke ever made and this release has a quite good face and head that improves a little on the original.

These are two of the three new figures in Movie Heroes Wave 3(the third is a light-up Episode III Anakin Skywalker) , which hasn't officially hit retail yet in the U.S. But since peg walls are still jammed to obnoxiousness with the turds that are Wave 1 and the infinitely better Wave 2 has shown up only very infrequently in most places it's probably going to be a good while before this newest wave shows up in stores. Best to get them now for just a little over retail and save a ton of gas driving all over the place to try to find them to no avail. Toy hunts these days are more often than not a dreary annoyance and with gas rapidly approaching $4.00 a gallon and the recent figure distribution crap it's just not worth as much trouble as it used to be.

Here's the Anakin Skywalker from this wave...my friend isn't going to be getting one of this figure, at least not yet. I'll have to wait a little longer for my shot at this one.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"

Last edited by SantaEddie74; May 6 2012 at 10:00 PM.
SantaEddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote