View Single Post
Old May 6 2012, 01:11 PM   #41
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: My copy of Shada arrived today

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
He spend 25,000 to animate the missing bits properly (and professionally) with most of the original cast providing the vocals. But they won't (or can't) touch it.
It's his fault if he didn't get the clearances, unless he plans to release it on his own. But I read somewhere that Sylvester McCoy was involved or something. I don't remember him playing the Doctor in 1979. And I don't think Lalla Ward was involved either and I think the actor who played Chronotis died back in 1986 so I don't know exactly how many of the "original cast" were actually involved.

That said, absolutely nothing has been announced regarding Shada other than it will be paired with More Than 30 Years in the TARDIS, so who knows what they might have planned. And the inclusion of the extant footage from the unfinished fan film Devious on the War Games set does provide some precedent.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote