View Single Post
Old May 6 2012, 06:31 AM   #332
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I have the 2004 version. While a decent figure for its time, it does need an upgrade. It was just Wedge's head on the (correct me if I'm wrong) Dutch Vander body. We've come a long way since then.
Yep! You nailed it.

The 1999 Cinema Scene head and helmet on the 2004 Dutch Vander body. Nothing more complicated than that...but it worked for a while. I mean, at least Hasbro actually produced a single-carded Wedge Antilles and that was quite a gigantic breakthrough at the time. Every Wedge before then was either packed with something like an action figure carrying case as added value for your money or he was part of a multipack with other figures. The 2004 Wedge was the first time in the character's history that you could buy him separately in his own packaging. Not bad. I think his OTC cardback is pretty sweet.

ETA: Oh, I was curious about your opinion of the limited-edition "Lost Line" cardfront designs I posted on the last page. These will be available at the San Diego Comic-Con in July and will be in stores as chase variants shortly thereafter. The figures on these cards are Vintage Collection figures that will also be sold in regular, standard Vintage packaging, so you'll have two different versions of each to look for(if you're so inclined or even care).

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote