Just seen it.
I don't see what the big deal is. It was kinda long and drawn out, and the action sequences are kind of "superhero movie as usual" and the actors all looked like they were phoning it in and...and I can't keep typing this stuff with a straight face. Let's see..my real reaction was more like...
OH MY GOD!! THIS MOVIE WAS THE AWESOMENESS!! IT'S THE SUPER AWESOMENESS!! THE WORD "AWESOMENESS" IS NOT AWESOME ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE THE AWESOMENESS OF THIS MOVIE!!! SCREW NOLAN'S "BATMAN!" COMPARED TO MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS, NOLAN'S BATMAN IS GAY!!!
Yeah...sumthin' like that...
As usual, my gut reactions which are filled with spoilerage:
- On the strength of this movie, I hereby officially forgive Joss Whedon for "Firefly/Serenity" and "Alien: Resurrection." (But he's still on my excrement list for Dollhouse, cause that was just too stupid a concept.)
- Multiple nerdgasms when the Helicarrier took off. And stealthed itself. Multiple. Nerdgasms.
- I always say the measure of a comic book movie is how much it reminds me of the comics, and the thing I love most about the separate Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies is that the creators actually spent five seconds trying to make the movie heroes like the comic ones. Here, Thor twirled his hammer, Cap threw his mighty shield, Hulk smashed and Iron Man was "fightin' and fightin' with repulsor rays"! Again. Multiple. Nerdgasms.
- BTW, way back in the other thread a couple people complained about Black Widow, like "what could the supermodel girl in the spandex with the stupid gun possibly do in a movie like this?" All she did was kick bad guy ass,
whether it be Russian weapons dealers, rogue SHIELD agents or alien supersoldiers.
- Then again, she didn't do that great against the Hulk. Then again, where else could you have seen Black Widow versus THE HULK? That's like a fanfiction nightmare plot.
- Loki versus Hulk. (Tee-hee!) Loki: "I AM A GOD!" Hulk: "Me play bouncy." SKBIFF! SKBAP! SWAKKO! SMACKSMACKSMACK! (tee-hee)
- Coulson? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
- Something minor, but I thought of this because I thought the same thing watching Thor: I think it's kind of cool how Loki sometimes sheds the Asgardian threads and walks around looking like a venture capitalist from Norway.
- I'm hoping for Scarlet Witch and Ultron next time around. (Yes, I saw the credit scene. I can dream can't I?)