I'm not really into Marvel's superheroes, so I didn't go into this thing pumped like the rest of you, but I had a good time. I found it to be your average summer superhero movie. For me, it wasn't anything special, but it looked good, had some cool tech, a laugh or two, and I'll admit, it was nice to see the culmination of something that's been in the works for several years. I give it a generous B+.
- Loki wasn't a menacing or biting villain. In fact, I found him to be rather sympathetic. Still, I enjoyed seeing him. The actor has charisma.
- I don't like recasting either, but Mark Ruffalo did a fantastic job. It even looked like they gave the Hulk a little of his likeness.
- The team had a lot of the same problems that The New 52's Justice League has. In other words, they had a lot of kinks to work out, to put it mildly, but I thought their antics played much better here. They didn't come off as unlikeable.
- Cobie Smulders was way hotter than Scarlett Johansson.
- The post credit sequence was probably the best one yet. It really fit the mood, though I thought that maybe something like that should have been kept until the very end of the franchise. Of course, who's to know when the end will be.
Agent Coulson joins Captain Robau in the great beyond. RIP