View Single Post
Old May 4 2012, 07:07 PM   #303
Agent Richard07
Agent Richard07

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

I'm not really into Marvel's superheroes, so I didn't go into this thing pumped like the rest of you, but I had a good time. I found it to be your average summer superhero movie. For me, it wasn't anything special, but it looked good, had some cool tech, a laugh or two, and I'll admit, it was nice to see the culmination of something that's been in the works for several years. I give it a generous B+.

- Loki wasn't a menacing or biting villain. In fact, I found him to be rather sympathetic. Still, I enjoyed seeing him. The actor has charisma.

- I don't like recasting either, but Mark Ruffalo did a fantastic job. It even looked like they gave the Hulk a little of his likeness.

- The team had a lot of the same problems that The New 52's Justice League has. In other words, they had a lot of kinks to work out, to put it mildly, but I thought their antics played much better here. They didn't come off as unlikeable.

- Cobie Smulders was way hotter than Scarlett Johansson.

- The post credit sequence was probably the best one yet. It really fit the mood, though I thought that maybe something like that should have been kept until the very end of the franchise. Of course, who's to know when the end will be.

-
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote