View Single Post
Old May 4 2012, 03:26 AM   #208
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Probably the most entertaining the show has been since the fall--but that isn't saying much given how mediocre it has been--so it is pretty safe to say this season overall has been a waste and really didn't amount to a whole lot--the storylines sorta just floated aimlessly about, the angst factor went into overdrive and it seems to sorta be stumbling to the finish line.

This stretch in the spring certainly pales to last season and S1. I'm still scratching my head as to why they got rid of Jeremy only to bringing him back--he is such a whining nuisance to have to watch on tv. I was definitely surprised by Klaus' dessication--I wonder if it sticks or he is revived next episode. This episode continues to underscore how the characters are just plot devices--hello Abby for what 30 seconds of screentime. I can't stand Damon anymore--he turns Abby into a vampire and doesn't show the slightest bit of regret with his snarky comments to her--I don't see what Elena sees in him other than a nice body which isn't much to develop a longterm relationship around.

It is nice to have the old Stefan back but his redemption arc was poorly handled--it seemed his turnaround was more due to writer fiat than actual in-universe storytelling reasons. And they spent the better part of the season making a big deal about Tyler going through all this struggle to break his sire bond and I have to say the moment when he got to use that advantage it was rather anti-climatic. And please enough already with poor helpless fragile whiney needy damsel-in-distress Elena--it is sooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

I'll probably watch the finale but I think the show is not going to have a creative renaissance in S4--but if tv is as bland as it is now I might tune in just to have something--if mediocre to watch.
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote