View Single Post
Old May 3 2012, 09:43 PM   #11
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Disappointing DVD releases

- The Blu-Ray of ST:TMP - only includes the damn theatrical cut.

Now don't get me wrong, I know WHY this happened - the new EFX were only rendered at standard definition resolution. But there's no excuse for that. They should have known that HD was on the horizon.

- one of my favorite IMAX movies (Everest) has kind of a piss-poor DVD quality. (I've seen IMAX movies that had decent DVD releases. This was not one of them.) And it isn't even available on Blu-Ray.

- anyone remember MXC? One of its episodes (The Monster Special) has like 3/4 of its content removed from the DVD version because there were so many characters from Ultraman and Astro Boy and there's some kind of licensing dispute.

- The Batman TV series. You talk about licensing disputes...we'll be lucky if this sumbitch EVER makes it to DVD. That one is disappointing for its lack of existence.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote