View Single Post
Old May 3 2012, 01:10 AM   #3265
JD
Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

sonak wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
Prologic9 wrote: View Post

I think all of the dialogue sounded disembodied-- because it is. We're hearing it without the rest of the soundmix the actual movie will have, and it's a little weird.
It simply sounds to me like his voice is being processed and amplified through the head gear. Which seems like a perfectly reasonable thing for it to do.

And if it DOES sound a bit more disembodied, all the better. Just makes him a little more scary and intimidating that way.

I agree. The voice does make him sound scarier. It's an interesting contrast to the Joker's high-pitched manic voice in TDK. Both are scary but in different ways.
Me too. IMO it also makes him seem more mysterious and inhuman, which is perfect for this kind of a character in this kind of movie.
Oh, and I forgot to mention before, that now that we've seen more of Anne Hathaway's Catwoman I'm not longer nervous, she looks great.