View Single Post
Old May 2 2012, 04:52 PM   #246
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

DarkHorizon wrote: View Post
Slightly miffed that this is being added to the print almost a week after it's been released elsewhere.
So that spoiler photo that I didn't look at is an additional second end credits scene not on the current international print of the film? Yes I posted the link but didn't actually read the article myself.

I wonder if that is anything to do with that scene they shot mid-April after the official L.A. premiere.
Or, more accurately, they're done filming now, but only because while I was sitting in a theater in Hollywood watching the movie, The Avengers were assembled once again to shoot… something.

What they shot is still a closely-guarded secret, but the point of the timing was so that they could get everyone in one place at the same time. Makes sense. There are a few moments in the film where you can't help but marvel at the fact that they really did it, they really put this thing together, and ever doing it again is going to be even twice the magic trick. It's not just a matter of money, either. These movies have served to launch careers and relaunch others, and they're going to be some busy, busy people in the next few years.

At the press conference today, Downey mentioned that they were planning to shoot a new scene later in the day. I saw people on Twitter mention the comment, particularly Devin Faraci and Geoff, who Tweeted:

"Robert Downey Jr just said #TheAvengers is not done shooting."
Does this help ensure repeat business internationally? Some here have seen it twice already. Others about the net I see have as well. Does this piss them off or just an excuse they didn't really need to view it a third time?
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote