View Single Post
Old May 1 2012, 09:50 PM   #195
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Honestly.. i don't know what to make of this show anymore concerning the metaplot.

They have long lost the perfect timing to reveal the mother and stretched out the show because it was so popular.. Segal has publicly said that he's kind of fed up with the role and wished the show to finally end (paraphrased.. he didn't exactly say it like that but it was close and unmistakeable) and i'm watching out of "tradition" and not because i need to know how the story unfolds.

Now they've squandered nearly an entire season again with sideplots and everything else besides working in a feasible way towards the season finale which they hinted at in last seasons' finale and now they have 44 minutes to get everything together in a reasonable and believable way?

They've torpedoed the relationship between Barney and Robin for good.. since their "breakup" storyline there was no development and it seems the stripper relationship won't be here to stay so i guess the only option is to do a 180 and reignite the Barney/Robin thing and in the final moments reveal the mother.

I don't have any hopes that this will be brilliant much less believable.. at worst i hope to get a few laughs out of it.

I'll continue to watch the show until it ends because it does make me laugh occasionally but the plot is done and overcooked.