View Single Post
Old May 1 2012, 08:22 PM   #73
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Heads up! MYTHBUSTERS season premiere tonight at 9 Eastern!

Christopher wrote: View Post
This myth is based on the same oversight that leads to superhero scenes like Superman lifting an ocean liner without it breaking under its own weight...
Well, in theory, Superman can extend his "super-aura" that gives him his powers through the sun around or onto whatever object he's touching or near. So, ...

The driving in heels thing, yeah I'm surprised that they didn't become too much of a encumbrance to Jamie and Adam's driving especially considering their inexperience with those types of shoes. But I sort of wished they hadn't just focused on women's shoes and maybe tried some more encumbering men's shoes. Heavy work boots and the like.

I've driven with a full bladder plenty of times (hell I do it once a week) and it's "difficult" and makes you antsy but I don't think it really "impairs" you, at least not the same way alcohol does.

The super-glue myths were a bit surprising, I really wasn't even aware the stuff had so much "staying power", I'd like to see some aspects sort of "over done." Like if they had put a lot more glue (like a whole bottle) between the car and the lift would the car have stayed there longer or mostly permanently?

(It also looked like on top of the super-glue they were using that stuff you can add to it that makes the glue bond within minutes instead of hours.)