View Single Post
Old May 1 2012, 12:56 PM   #230
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Nowhere Man wrote: View Post
Aldo wrote: View Post
Here's my question (and no, I haven't seen the movie yet).

How can we ever take a solo film seriously again? If they know there are other heroes out there why bother taking on any future supervillain alone? Why not just Assemble again and do it as a team?

Obviously the real world reason is because they can make more money off of multiple movies, but I'm curious what the in-universe reasoning would be.
Couldn't they just establish that some enemies are local and can be handled by one guy or are unique and specific to one guy, while others are more national or global. You wouldn't call the Army to deal with a bank robber would you?

For example, it's rumored that the sequel with feature Skrulls and one or more of our heroes will be a Skrull. I would guess Cap. and Tony would be Skrulls, so there would be a huge problem that would require the whole team.

OTOH, if there is a villain that is only making a bad day for one guy, then no need for the team. They will probably just make a joke, like Jarvis saying, "why don't you ask for help sir?", "I can handle it myself," or " Cap is off fighting so and so, Thor went back home, Banner is on the run and Cap is doing blah, blah, blah, I'm going to have to do this one alone."
Thor: "But I want to fight Crimson Dynamo!"
Iron Man: "Sorry, man. I got in on the IPO on him first."