View Single Post
Old May 1 2012, 02:34 AM   #219
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

More talk about when and how another solo Hulk film might happen. This time it's not Kevin Feige talking but Paul Gitter(President of Consumer Products) at Marvel.
As THE AVENGERS climbs towards $200 million in international box office, early reviews are already proclaiming it to be a success. Along with that, everyone seems to be saying how much they love The Hulk.

With two mediocre films released already, Marvel had no plans on returning Hulk to a solo film any time soon. But, Marvel's Paul Gitter had different things to say in a recent interview: If Hulk’s successful turnaround continues, Gitter says Marvel “will spin him off to a stand-alone program next year,” supported by a big budget franchise movie in 2015. The entertainment studio is also exploring ways to promote Hulk as a “corporate icon,” similar to MetLife’s usage of Peanuts’ Snoopy, where The Hulk’s image conveys a message about channeling strength to overcome workplace challenges.Looks like we will know after this Friday when THE AVENGERS opens in the US if Hulk will smash his way back to an adventure of his very own.
Word is that Hulk is something of a scene stealer a few times in the film. This was something I'd hoped for and it seems that for all the naysayers who said another solo Hulk film was a lost cause are being shown that actually it's not.

Man I can't wait to see this in 3 days!!
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote