View Single Post
Old May 1 2012, 01:42 AM   #91
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Red Dwarf series 9 (or is it 10?) in 2012 confirmed by Craig Charl

Aldo wrote: View Post
So is 'Back to Earth' any good? It's the only Red Dwarf I haven't seen, and I was just curious if it was worth the 20 bucks Amazon is asking for it.
It's hit and miss. The story has some great homages to a certain famous SF film (I won't spoil), and we also get to see a pre-Two and a Half Men Sophie Winkleman in a key role. It also gets really meta for a good chunk of it.

If you are familiar with the series, it's a hoot (I'm trying not to spoil here) though the lack of a live audience is a detriment. But it's not a place to come in on the ground floor - get one or more of the other seasons first.

It does have the added benefit of being the only Red Dwarf "season" available on Blu-ray (you won't see the others done that way because they're all videotaped except for the shot-on-film Series VII).

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote